This past week my parents and I have been hustling to put together ways to help contribute to dad and mom. We have opened two bank accounts, one with Bank of Hawaii (to take care of the expenses in Hawaii) and the other at Wells Fargo (while receiving his treatment on the mainland). I have also set up another option for those who don't have either of those account and are wanting to donate. It is through gofundme.com. Below are the links and account numbers.
GoFundMe (online transfer from any where and anyone)
Click on the link below:
http://www.gofundme.com/7xgjio
Bank of Hawaii
Friends of Benny Kai Fund
Account number: 98551476
Wells Fargo
Krisha Hingson
Account number: 9037960458
(the account name is Cousin Benny, but you will need to use the name of the account holder, which is me, to transfer the funds. There was a mix up at the bank and we accidentally set up a checking account rather than a donation account/ But please believe me when I say that all the money will be going to mom and dad)
We are so touched by the contributions that have already been made and grateful for the support system that we have not only back home, but all over the world. We love you. We pray for you.
My singing voice is nowhere near as good as dad's, so I'll write down the lyrics of a song I wrote after moving here to Arizona. I'll send my dad the chords and maybe he'll start singing it ;)
My Beautiful Kahuku
The warmth in each and every hi, is where the love is found
A kiss upon each friendly cheek just drives outsiders wild
This is home for one and all, if only you bleed RED
The country side, the sandy beach, it's where my life was set
Oh how I long for the time when I go back again
Stick my feet in the sand and watch the waves rollin' in
Let the time slip away, yeah that's what I'll do
But until that time I'll only dream of you.
My beautiful Kahuku
Hiking lush green mountains and surfin' crystal seas
Playing with the keiki at luaus with the family
Life long friends, have I made, in this humble place
I can always count on the ones time won't erase
Oh how I long for the time when I go back again
Stick my feet in the sand and watch the waves rollin' in
Let the time slip away, yeah that's what I'll do
But until that time I'll only dream of you.
My beautiful Kahuku
My beautiful Kahuku
These are beautiful lyrics Krisha. Thanks, and may God bless your Dad and your Mom and family at this time in your lives.
ReplyDelete