And this is why I am not a professional blogger.
Sorry for the delay in blogs.
Mom and I were able to talk a bunch these past couple weeks and from what I understand...
dad is dad.
His white blood cell count was way, way down his last stay in the hospital but was able to
get much needed rest.
He will be returning to the hospital this week for his final round for this chemo treatment.
As for mom, well she's told me that dad will be coming to Arizona first for his consultation for the bone marrow transplant (as far as we know it's a definite). I'm not sure if they wanted me saying anything but
I Just Did.
It was between here and Utah and mom and I both prayed for it to be here. Nothing against UT (*snickers*), but we decided that he knows
WAY TOO MANY
people there and wouldn't get much, if any, rest had he gone there. So our prayers were answered and the consultants are currently in contact with the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale to figure out when he'll be coming.
Why am I excited? It's a bitter sweet feeling. On the one hand I hate that dad had/has to go through this. There's nothing more frustrating than wanting to be there for the people who have sheltered, clothed, fed, and supported you most of your life and who has loved you all your life. But on the other hand dad has yet to meet his second grandprincess,
Yes my friends, I have hopped in the "calling your daughter princess" bandwagon.
She loves people so I know she's excited to meet him.
As I talked to mom she mentioned that she'll have to be prepared for approximately 5 round trips here to AZ. Thank goodness Hawaiian flies direct and that her DoTerra oils will keep her from getting sick.
I just wanted to thank everyone once more for showing your love to pops and our family back home. Tash and I are both sad that we are not able to be home to help mom out, but grateful for those who've provided them with meals, rides, and support.
I was told once that I'd be a light to all I meet. I can't help but know it is because of the way mom and dad raised me. They are both amazing people (mom can be shy in crowds but your
BFF (and I never use that acronym)
when you get to know her. I would like to share an email I received from a gentleman named Doug Takahashi that shows what kind of man dad is (if you didn't already know).
Hi Krisha,
You don’t know me but I came across a link
to your blog tonight. I met your dad in 2008 when we went to visit my
daughter and son-in-law while they were going to BYU H. He was doing
some teaching at the elementary school back then and my granddaughter
Brylie Wynes was in his class. She loved him. He took time to get
to know her (and her family). It was like he was filling in for me as
grandpa because I was so far away in Canada. When we came to visit as
a family around Thanksgiving we went to the Luau at the PCC. Your dad
found out and made sure that we sat all together right in front. He
came down and sat with us when we wasn’t on stage. He talked to me
like an old friend and made us all feel so welcome. I was amazed that
he could talk to me and without missing a beat he would start talking
into the mike and carry on with his parts in the show. Since that day
I met him I’ve felt nothing but love and gratitude for him. I love
his music but I love his Aloha spirit even more. He made a difference
in the lives of my daughter and her family. My son-in-law was a new
convert to the Church. Laie and the people of that area, like your
dad, made such and impact on him. And I can’t tell you how big of an
impact she made on my granddaughter Brylie.
I
just wanted to let you know and perhaps you can let him know that he
has made a difference in my life and he doesn’t even know me.
Our prayers are with you and your family. May the Lords blessings be with you all.
With gratitude.
Doug Takahashi
Calgary, Alberta Canada

So daddy, you are loved. You have inspired people whether or not you were aware. We are all praying and rooting for you. We love you!
i love you, papa (Blade's first typed message ;) )
No comments:
Post a Comment