I decided to make a few real quick. These smaller, CTR and RWH ones I did quick and these are actually the "rough drafts". I did final ones and ended up giving them away. They were styled a little different. The CTR was more bold so it stood out more than the design.
The "Lead me Guide me" was inspired by this pic we snapped walking in to church. The Hingson Ohana was a birthday present for my husband (1' x 2')
Some of the most challenging ones I've done would have to have been the Fijian masi (i think it's called?? Please correct me if I'm wrong). Last Christmas we were lucky enough to get invited to another Sheffet family gathering. For the secret santa I got Nana Kiji. I just had a baby a few weeks before and really wasn't in the "wood burning" mood (or any mood for that matter). So on the day we celebrated HeiTiare's (Yes, my daughter whose name my husband stole from Aunty Tetua's daughter) blessing I was able to present her with this...
I really did enjoy making this one (1x2 ft.).
So, in a continuing effort to help raise funds for dad and his treatments I will be selling these. I don't have them so think of it as Jack-in-the-Box where I won't make it till you order it. I will start doing some things here and there and when I do I will post more pictures and you can either buy it there, or make a few tweaks wherever you want. I am just grateful that all those hours of watching my parents create have helped me to discover a love for creating. It's a wonder my first request (when we are finally able to own a home) is to build me a work section in the garage ;) Pierce thanks you mom and dad. hehe.email me or FB message me if you are ever interested. Mahalo



No comments:
Post a Comment